Thursday, November 17, 2011

Beggars and Travelers

We are drifters. There is no where and no one we truly belong to, and vice versa. Complete freedom has always been there for the taking, just a step away. How we fool ourselves into not taking that step. How we convince, confuse, lie, manipulate hurt and entangle ourselves into web after web of entrapment.

Why?

Because, we are afraid. Afraid of what complete freedom means. We don't understand it. We invented God. We invented religion and we invented love country religion race caste family language civilization science labels sects stereotypes songs movies and everything we have just so that we can avoid this one burning question. As we travel through life, dying one day at a  time, IT is always there. Always waiting for us. Calling to us when we least expect it, when we believe it is gone and faded away. Freedom. The only way to truly live. Ties are called ties for a reason and we keep tying ourselves down. Will we ever take that leap? Maybe one day we will get enough courage to do so.

Till then, we are all in the black. Can't see or be seen.

1 comment:

Sumira said...

Right! So, every now and then, I sit myself up in cosy corner in my room and pity myself for the want of freedom that I believe I don't have. The decisions, I make for myself are all mine and there are restrictions that have been imposed on to be, as such but yet there is this emptiness, a want to break free! When it comes to defining freedom, I do not know for sure. All I know is that I want it soo bad that it hurts (similar to what one would feel while falling in love with piece of music). And I am guessing that being free involves not wanting, not expecting. But if that freedom is just step away, HOW DO YOU TAKE STEP?!?!?! How do you let go of all your fears?